Lindsey Ferris

This is a public blog where Lindsey's family, friends, and acquaintences can share stories, photos, and memories with each other. Pictures are posted with only positive intentions, but if you would like us to remove a picture, please let us know and we will take it off.

If you would like to post on this blog, please send an email to LindseysFriends@gmail.com with any pictures or stories.

Monday, February 13, 2006

My favorite Lindsey story is when I first met her. I was Assistant Director at The George Washington University Police where Lindsey had just begun her Fellowship. The Chief called me downstairs to meet her in hopes that I could help introduce her to some of our staff. Now as with most policing agencies at any level, being a young person in the group is somewhat like being raised by a bunch of wolves. It is completely our goal to weed out their weaknesses and exploit them to help callus them in …OR for our amusement, it could go either way. Anyway Lindsey was “fresh fish” and I could hardly wait to go down stairs and try one of my standard “right of passage” routines on her. I went down and the Chief rushed off to a meeting. I chatted with Lindsey for a few moments and when another administrator walked in I introduced Lindsey and with a completely straight face proceeded to tell the other person that Lindsey was just telling me that her family was from a long line of circus people. Now this is where the “rookies” usually flail about and say “Nah eh! I did not say that!” in absolute protest as they are now on the spot to explain further to the person standing before them. I anxiously waited but Lindsey didn’t miss a beat, not a hair out of place not a grin on her face, with the most serious look I have ever seen her give she, said “Oh yeah.” My Great Aunt was a trap ease artist…that’s how she met my Uncle.

I thought to myself…Oh, this one’s a keeper. I liked her right away.

Interestingly enough, on our travel back from Lindsey’s services we joked that if Lindsey could mess with us from heaven she’d probably jump on it. After about 3 days of being back I went to a CPR / AED class where the instructor was from England. Now keep in mind I now live in a VERY SMALL town in Pennsylvania, this is probably the only foreign person in a 100 mile radius. Regardless, she was teaching the class and at the end we got to talking. She said her Mother is an entertainer in England and that she juggles. A bit odd I thought but no big deal. Then she proceeded to tell me that her whole family is from a long line of circus people and that her Aunt was a trap ease artist. I was skeptical and in my head I thought, lady, I invented this trick, you aren’t fooling me. I mean really, what are the odds, right? So it turns out they really are circus people! I am completely convinced Lindsey is getting even with me for putting her on the spot. When I get up there, it’s ON!

With Fondest Memories of a Friend Taken Too Soon,

Colleen Brenington (formerly Greninger)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home